• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You do not have the permission to send the message on b... - 30.Aug.2005 9:40:00 AM   
matthewcourtman

Hello,

Another problem since upgrading to Exchange Server 2003...

All the people in our Office have thier own mailbox. They also open an additional mailbox called 'Office'. I have assigned full mailbox rights to each user in the office to this shared mailbox. Before the upgrade everything worked fine, but now when a person trys to forward an email that is in to 'Office Inbox' they get the following error message:

"You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user."

If they remove the 'FROM' name before sending it works ok, but is there a way round this?

Many thanks,

Matt
Post #: 1
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 30.Aug.2005 9:44:00 AM   
Henrik Walther

The users need the "Send As" permission, for more info see:

How to grant "Send as" and "Send on behalf" permissions in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000/

(in reply to matthewcourtman)
Post #: 2
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 8.Nov.2006 2:55:46 PM   
scriven_j

Hi,

I have a similar problem.  I have granted users 'Full Mailbox Access' and 'Send As' permissions as described in these documents:-

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/84d6d35d-14de-4eec-bd07-f5f167c5676d.mspx?mfr=true

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/fe474de0-b0e4-48a0-aec1-dcd9fcb4a53c.mspx?mfr=true

But I am still getting the error message 'you do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user'.

Any ideas?  I am desparate!

Jon

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 3
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 8.Nov.2006 4:00:31 PM   
jchong

Try this article. Alot of people run into issues when implementing send as.

Assigning "Send As" Permissions to a user
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to scriven_j)
Post #: 4
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 9.Nov.2006 5:23:17 AM   
scriven_j

This looks promising.

I'll give it a try and report back!

Jon

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 5
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 9.Nov.2006 6:13:32 AM   
scriven_j

No joy I'm afraid.

Have followed the revised procedure for 'send as' as recommended above by jchong plus followed original procedure for 'Full Mailbox Access' (so that user can see shared mailbox mail folders' but still when I try to 'Send As' I get 'You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user'.

The only way round this is to give delegate rights, but then show in Outlook 2003 as sending on behalf of (though actual sender is hidden in external Emails unless you look at the mail headers).  Any other thoughts as this is really important and I am completely out of ideas.

Jon

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 6
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 9.Nov.2006 6:40:54 AM   
elmajdal

u need something like this :

check this article :

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sending-As.html

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

Post #: 7
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 9.Nov.2006 9:11:21 AM   
jchong

Try starting from scratch again. Create two brand new users A and B and see if it works, then we can determine if it's not working overall or it's just not working for your original accounts then we can try to compare what's different.

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Post #: 8
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 10.Nov.2006 11:47:44 AM   
scriven_j

OK - I nailed it.  It was working all along.  The problem is that Exchange can take a while for the changes to take effect (up to two hours apparantly).  The quick method is to restart the Information Store, but obviously this is not possible within working hours!

Jon

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter