• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OMA Broken Post SP 1

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Server Security >> OMA Broken Post SP 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMA Broken Post SP 1 - 11.Aug.2004 12:45:00 AM   
wshareef

Help!

I have an Exchange 2003 Standard installation single box. We are using sharepoint services. After installong Intelligent Message Filter, which required Exchange service pack 1, OMA bombed and refusing to work. However, we can login but get the following error when we do. We have unistalled and reinstalled ASP.NET framework as well as device updates 2 - 4 with no luck. We also tried granting higher permissions to the corlib.dll, as well as several registry keys. Here is the error:

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken) +666
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +88
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +62
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +159
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name) +27
Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global..cctor() +48

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: OMA Broken Post SP 1 - 16.Aug.2004 3:55:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Exchange and SharePoint aren't supported on the same hardware.
Can you explain a little more about what is where and what else might work or might not be working?

(in reply to wshareef)
Post #: 2
RE: OMA Broken Post SP 1 - 17.Aug.2004 2:25:00 PM   
wshareef

OMA was working fine until the following: Intelligent Message Filter was installed which required SP1 for exchange 2003 and Norton Corporate Antivirus was upgraded at the same time. I wouldn't want to start removing things if I don't have to unless I can get pointed in the right direction. I'm not sure which box sharepoint is on but I'll find out and Exchange 2003 and Anti Virus are on the same box.

thanks in advance for your help.

[ August 17, 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: wshareef ]

(in reply to wshareef)
Post #: 3
RE: OMA Broken Post SP 1 - 11.Sep.2004 7:51:00 AM   
Don Surrett

Same problem with OMA. I'm running Sharepoint services and Exchange on same box. I have OMA as an exclude path in Sharepoint. What to do?

(in reply to wshareef)
Post #: 4
RE: OMA Broken Post SP 1 - 13.Sep.2004 3:13:00 AM   
orphic2

This MS knowledge base article shows the fix for this well known OMA problem. It seems to happen if you either enable SSL or Forms Authentication.

MS have pulled the article for some reason at the moment, but you can still see it here:

Google Cached KB Article

Hope this helps, Cheers.

(in reply to wshareef)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Server Security >> OMA Broken Post SP 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter