• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange accounts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange accounts Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 18.Jun.2004 10:08:00 AM   
szablowskip

[Eek!] Hi guys ... ! It's been 12 hours ... and I finally got it.... of course I had pretty similar problem with SBS 2003 and Inbound emails left in the "black hole" (outband are working perfect) In fact I did all your suggestions with:

1) E-mail wizard - didn't change anything [Frown]
2) All the options that u suggested I had from the beggining like they suppose to be.

It was working fine in fact for 2 days... then it started to block 90% of incoming emails - all logs were giving the same correct responses (reading from POP3 server, deleting the message... etc.)

3) Turning off the Exchange POP3 serwer didn't help either. [Frown]

All the mail was gathering in C:\Program Files\Small Bussines Server\....\Incoming Mail

And here it comes... the problem was with Antivirus program (NOD32) who was doing all the blocking... After disableing it and restarting SBS 2003 all the mail from Incoming Mail folder got redistributed to the folders wher it suppose to go at the first place.

Of course I have to find different Antivirus and Anti-spam program.
But after that ... [Razz] [Big Grin] everithing went back to normal....

And really did not modified anyting with SMTP or DNS or anything... except puting MX record in forward lookup zone,of coourse pointing to my domain controller with SBS.

Have fun with it...

I am going to sleep.... [Embarrassed]

(in reply to parkertechgroup)
Post #: 21
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 28.Jun.2004 8:26:00 AM   
aboggis

I'm not sure where my mail is going to...

I have the POP3 connector configured to pick up mail from my ISP - and it works... mail is indeed picked up.

Now I have the email addresses defined for each user.

I have the default policy in place...

My server is only responsible for the domain (x.local) and is picking up email for the user 'joe@abc.com'. The local user 'joe' has this email address listed in his profile, but when messages are picked up, I get the following error in the event log:

code:
An attempt to relay e-mail to recipient <joe@abc.com> was made. The e-mail could not be delivered because the recipient's e-mail domain name does not match any local e-mail domains.

The default policy only contains the address: '@x.local'. Should I add '@abc.com' or should I add another policy?

Wait... there's more: joe also is unable to send mail to even local users... the messages are simply sitting in his outbox.

Post #: 22
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 7.Jul.2004 2:42:00 PM   
KaraK

OK I seem to be having a similar problem, with a clients SBS 2003

the mail is collected via the POP3 connector (max logging shows it being picked up, deleted, and deliverd via domain substitution) but it never arrives at the mailbox. UNLESS I specify in the default policy that the exchange server is responsible for all e-mail at that domain. In this case the mail does deliver to the boxes but this then means that outgoing mail to that domain bounces because the exchange server tries to do its thing - finds its not an address on the exchange server and bounces it.

Am really tearing my hair out on this one!

Post #: 23
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 9.Jul.2004 5:58:00 PM   
JackD

The problem with the pop3 connector is not the pop3 connector. If you ISP is changing the dns servers then the mail doesn't arrive anymore.
Check your internetprovider and get a steady dns ardes: For example: 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2 . These server are always up.

Post #: 24
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 5.Aug.2004 11:30:00 PM   
gkirish

I have been having the same problem with mspopconnector.username@domain.xxx.But today I got the problem fixed. The issue is that when your email client sends to mspopconector it appends this (temp) mspopconnector address.when it gets there the smtp sink is supposed to delete it and forward your email. but it is not deleting it and therefore you can still send email , but outside users are replying to mspopconnector.username@domain.xxx.The SMTP event sink is in charge of removing this temp address before delivery. To fix the smtp event sink you execute.I have had this problem since I installed sp1. I cant think of what else has caused it to fail.

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\IMBREG.EXE

then restart the IIS services by running IISRESET from a command prompt.I lost the original post for this , I want to thank this man.

gkirish

Post #: 25
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 9.Aug.2006 4:54:19 AM   
peter_field

My server had the wrong domain name on it (.local domain rather than .com.au), and mail has gone missing into the "blackhole", is there anyway to get mail back from the blackhole, we have some important email in there?

HEEEELLLPP!

(in reply to gkirish)
Post #: 26
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 9.May2007 8:29:38 AM   
tisgrandupnorth

The same problem here as well.  I managed to solve the new email delivery problem as documented in this post, but still have lots of e-mails stuck in Exchange with the recipient of mspop3connector.username.domain.co.uk and stuck at the Message Submitted to Categorizer stage.

Anyone find out a fix to get these e-mails flowing again?

(in reply to peter_field)
Post #: 27
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 8.Jun.2007 10:04:09 AM   
Eddster

Definitive Technote from Microsoft for anyone suffering the problem in this thread:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885685

(in reply to tisgrandupnorth)
Post #: 28
RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange acco... - 8.Sep.2010 5:02:05 AM   
Tachyon

For those who are still struggling (after all those years) with the black-hole problem. I resolved the issue by restarting IIS (start -> run -> iisreset (enter) ) and BOOM the emails are routed to the correct mailbox. I guess IIS is responsible for the update of the "Recipients Policy". So if you have your second (3rd, 4th, etc.) domain added in the Default Policy and restart IIS the sun will rise yet again.
Take care.

Tachyon

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 29

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> RE: POP3 Connector not delivering mail to exchange accounts Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter