• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

mail sitting in "messages pending submission" que

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> mail sitting in "messages pending submission" que Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mail sitting in "messages pending submission"... - 22.Jul.2004 11:38:00 AM   
xmanxman

Hi all.

I recently setup a 2003 SBS. The mail is getting retreived from the ISP using the POP3 connector with no problems, but then just sits in the "messages pending submission" que with a status of "active".

Forceing the connection or restarting all the exchange services does not help (even after disabling Trend's ScanMail 6.2). If I restart the server the mail usually goes to the "local delivery" que and then propogates to the mailboxes.

I've disabled virus scanning of the que folders under "mailroot\vs1\".

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 29.Jul.2004 1:42:00 PM   
theide

Having the same problem, installed my sbs2003 two months ago. All works fine, but sudddenly messages are stuck in the "messages pending submission" que. After reboot they goes to the local delivery folder. This was not a problem before I installed Trend Scanmail. Please let me know if tou find a solution.

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 2
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 2.Aug.2004 8:01:00 AM   
Are you using the pop3 conector? If so have you tried to exclude the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail" from the Trend serverprotect exlude list and restarted all antivirus processes or the server?

Thomas Brovold

(in reply to xmanxman)
  Post #: 3
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 2.Aug.2004 10:31:00 AM   
Thanks very helpful. Also the following url is handy

http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=18716

(in reply to xmanxman)
  Post #: 4
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 3.Aug.2004 4:39:00 PM   
xmanxman

Another interesting thing I've discovered is that if I end the "inetinfo.exe" process in task manager, the que clears and the mail gets routed to the mailboxes.

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 5
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 30.Aug.2004 2:13:00 PM   
miguelj

Hi all,

I don't think the problem is with Trend Micro but with digitally sign messages.

Important bug in Exchange 2003 with digitally signed messages, look at the following http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842801&Product=exch2003

Bye,
Miguel

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 6
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 3.Sep.2004 3:00:00 PM   
xmanxman

This problem has realy got me tearing my hair out!

The problem only seems to occur if the server is restarted. It then initiates the POP3 connector and the messages get stuck in "messages pending submission". If I stop and restart the "inetinfo.exe" process the mail gets released. The services that get restarted by ending that process are "microsoft exchange routing engine service", "smtp service" and "IIS admin service" so the problem is definatly related to one of those.

I don't think the problem has anything to do with digital signatures. No one in the organisation uses digital signatures on their outgoing email, and none of the emails that eventually get delvered have digital signatures.

I have excluded every relevant folder from the real time scanning, as per the instuctions from Trend.

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 7
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 7.Sep.2004 11:46:00 AM   
naveen_groups

Me too have the same problem with the exchange server . after I restart the server the mails are getting flush off from my exchange server. I am sure that is the DNS server problem because if u restart the exchanger server the mails gets flushed from the server.

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 8
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 17.Sep.2004 6:00:00 PM   
kuehrig

I have installed a SBS 2003 standard edition this year and before I ever installed our Trend Micro anti virus or anti spam software I was having this same problem. Normally I would just reboot the server 1-4 times and it would finally start resending emails. Now, after installing most recent MS updates (09/15/2004 including critical GDI update), I can not get it to send emails at all. I tried closing the "inetinfo.exe" as mentioned earlier and it released 32 of my 139 stuck emails but now I can not get it to release the balance. Trying reboot again now. Any more suggestions???

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 9
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 21.Sep.2004 5:55:00 AM   
Clive_xb250

Had the same problem after installing Trend suite. Have followed the directions at http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=18716 and have had trouble free email processing since.

Seems the issue may have a few "combination" causes,... however I feel a combination of the above recommendations by readers should solve most issues.

On my 2003 server, ending inetinfo process was 100% successful in temporarily unblocking the queues,... rebooting had no effect. Think it's a combination of many settings. In the virtual SMTP server I don't use reverse DNS, have the SMTP server on all available IP's (unassigned). There is a plethora of settings in both Trend suite and Exchange that may have bearing on this issue and it's resolutuon. I have for the most part gone with the "default" settings in Exchange and Trend Suite.

Hope this helps in some way....

(in reply to xmanxman)
Post #: 10
RE: mail sitting in "messages pending submission&q... - 6.Oct.2004 5:50:00 PM   
There is a hotfix from Microsoft regarding the inetinfo.exe using a shit load of resources.

Just type in inetinfo.exe in the knowledgebase and you will come across it

(in reply to xmanxman)
  Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> mail sitting in "messages pending submission" que Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter