• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating Exchange to DR

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating Exchange to DR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating Exchange to DR - 17.Oct.2005 6:42:45 PM   
DLI

Hi all,
I have a lab which is a snapshoot of my prod environment. I migrated the users using a third party software. Now all my users in the lab have a new SIDs.
I build an exchange server in the lab and resored my prod Information Store into it. Everything is fine, except I manualy have to map every mailbox to user, because of the new SIDs.
Anyone can suggest better way of re-mapping mailboxes? It is Exchange 2000 in AD2000 native mode.
Thank you,

D.
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating Exchange to DR - 9.Nov.2005 2:23:49 PM   
Mlidholm

Hope you haven't give up yet. Or started doing it manually... There is a tool called Mbconn.exe that does this for you. You can find it in the support folder on the product CD or in the SP. It is built in to Exchange System Manager in Exchange 2003.

Martin Lidholm
MCT/MCSE:Messaging

(in reply to DLI)
Post #: 2
RE: Migrating Exchange to DR - 12.Nov.2005 5:36:42 AM   
DLI

Hi Mildholm,
I actually did find that tool on the very same day I posted original message. But thank you anyway!

D.

(in reply to Mlidholm)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating Exchange to DR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter