• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

POP3 (Port 110) Slowing down my internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> POP3 (Port 110) Slowing down my internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POP3 (Port 110) Slowing down my internet - 19.Oct.2005 8:56:31 PM   
catelo5

I have a client with a Windows 2000 SBS with Exchange 2000. They have people in Colombia that need to access mail so what we have done is allowed them to use POP3 to recieve their mail. This has been working fine for over a year but recently the office internet has been slowing down to a crawl. After a lot of troubleshooting I finally installed Sniffer Pro and found that the server was being bogged down by an IP address in Colombia that was using POP3. I verified that it was a particular users IP address. I then closed the port on our Cisco PIX firewall and all was well. I had the person in Colombia check out her PC thouroughly, and she said that there were no viruses nor spyware. I then opened up the port again for testing and again the same issue. The owner is beginnig to get a little upset because there are other people that are down because of this and he is starting to think that the problem is on our side. Is it possible that the problem could be on our side, because I really dont think so. Just wanted some opinions on this.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> POP3 (Port 110) Slowing down my internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter