• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with duplicate e-mail with public folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Problem with duplicate e-mail with public folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with duplicate e-mail with public folder - 26.Oct.2005 9:39:52 AM   
mojoman369

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on an issue with our default email address for a mail enabled public folder.  Some how the default SMTP address Test@domain.com was changed to Test2@domain.com.  I dont know if it was a replication error or what.  I have multiple exchange servers in different locations and then one this group was set up on was on an active/passive cluster with Windows 2003/Exchange 2003.

The problem is now I can not change the address back to test@domain.com now because it says the e-mail already exists in this organization.  I have looked everywhere for that address and cannot find it.  Is there a utility that will tell me under what OU or folder that this email has been moved to.

I have also tired disabling mail on that particular folder with no luck.  It doesnt give me an error when I do it, but then again it really doesnt disable the mail.

If anyone has any ideas on this problem or if you need more information please let me know.

TIA

Post #: 1
RE: Problem with duplicate e-mail with public folder - 3.Nov.2005 3:26:16 PM   
uemurad

I had this same issue on a legacy (i.e. created before my arrival) Exchange environment.  It turned out that Public Folders were all being created by default as mail-enabled, and were being subjected to the Recipient Policies so that all the Email address formats were being generated.  Another issue was that the previous administration allowed users Publishing permissions to create their own subfolders.

Here's a fast way to find what is conflicting:
1.  Open AD Users&Computers
2.  Right click on your org and select Find...
3.  Replace "Users, Contacts, and Groups" with "Exchange Recipients" then click Find Now
4.  After the list is generated (could be a while depending upon how large your organization is), click on the "Internet E-Mail Address" title to sort.  Then simply scroll down the list to find your entry.

The hard part (for which there must be an easier way) was to find that Public Folder among the hundreds of nested folders.

(in reply to mojoman369)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Problem with duplicate e-mail with public folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter