• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

schema-root system folder duplication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> schema-root system folder duplication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
schema-root system folder duplication - 3.Nov.2005 11:16:13 PM   
tarkin

Hi

I'm migrating from an older 2003 server to a newer one (running concurrently).

I read through the microsoft document on  removing the first exchange server and setup replica's on the new server. One of the folders is the schema-root. Now I'm seeing two entries for the schema-root on both servers. One is the replicated one from the first server, the other I assume is from the new server. Both are replicated to each server. I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't have replicated the schema-root folder from the first server. Any idea if that is right? If I stop the replica from the first server will that cause any problems?

Any advice appreciated.

I've also noticed that on the old server both copies of the schema-root folders have 40 more messages in the exchangeV1 folder than on the new one.
Also the schema-root folder that has an older creation date has an exchweb folder while the newer one doesn't. I've found a message somewhere that said the older one was safe to delete, but will it matter that there are a different number of messages and that the new one doesn't have exchweb?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> schema-root system folder duplication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter