• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 Exchange - 12.Nov.2005 11:14:18 AM   
Robconnz

Hi all,

I've got a tricky situation. I have am advising a client to move from Novell SBS 4.2 with Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 with Exchange.
Horray I hear you all say.
But there's a catch 0 they only have the one Server which will obviously be blown away during the MS SBS 2003 installation.
General files are not a problem as they will be backed up.

But how do I migrate their Groupwise?

I've never down the groupwise to exchagne thing before so am naive.

However some points: there are only 7 users and the mailboxes won't be huge.
Is it possible to simply use the Exchange Migration tool on a workstation to migrate the Groupwise to .PST files?
Then after the MS SBS 2003 and Exchange install are completed, suck in the PST's to Exchange?

It's always a challenge convincing old Novell people to move on and I'd hate for Groupwise to upset the applecart.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 E... - 24.Jul.2014 7:55:39 AM   
artipandy

I think Microsoft post give you write reply : http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/250891.aspx because I am also try way its really good and the way very unique..!

< Message edited by artipandy -- 24.Jul.2014 7:57:24 AM >

(in reply to Robconnz)
Post #: 2
RE: Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 E... - 31.Jul.2014 10:46:46 PM   
KentBirge

GroupWise to Exchange Migration tool having two option to Migrate GroupWise Mailbox to MS exchange server or pst file.Migrate everything of GroupWise User Mailbox: inbox emails, sent folder, contacts items, calendars, trash folder, documents folder, check list data, unicode characters, appointments much more.GroupWise to Exchange Migration tool provide accurate, save, Consistent and fast results.Supported all versions of Novell GroupWise, MS Exchange Server and MS Outlook: http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/migrate-groupwise-exchange.html

(in reply to artipandy)
Post #: 3
RE: Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 E... - 18.Jul.2015 8:26:28 AM   
allanridge

To Use Novell Groupwise to Exchange Tool to migrate emails, contacts, documents, trash, email, sent items, calendars, orphan folders, properties, images, and attachments etc. See more information at:https://softcart.wordpress.com/groupwise-to-exchange-migrator/
Post #: 4
RE: Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 E... - 20.Jun.2017 2:33:42 AM   
Anashss

GroupWise to Exchange software is helpful to Organizations / Companies / Administrators / Technicians who want to switch from Novell GroupWise Server to Microsoft Exchange Server which generally take days and hours to perform the migration process.It just exports all the mailbox items to Exchange Server without any changes. You will get exactly the same sender details, emails and attachments.In addition, the tool also allows the users to choose the specific mailboxes and folders which can easily be migrated to Exchange Server. It can migrate the items like contacts, emails, sent items, attachments, tasks and calendars.

Note You can see the preview of the whole mailbox in Demo version as well as the items inside once the migration is done.

(in reply to allanridge)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating Novell SBS 4.2 Groupwise to MS SBS 2003 Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter