• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange install in child domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange install in child domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange install in child domain - 22.Nov.2005 11:46:14 PM   
hobbyjp

I have 2000 exch installed on parent domain. I'm having problems installing exchange 2003 in a child domain. I have ran forest prep at the parent domain and have delegated authority through the exchange manager to the child domain admin account. I have checked the Schema and the child domain admin account has full rights to the exchange objects. I have given the servers plenty of time to replicate (24 hours). I am checking the exchange install log and it says that the account has full rights but the schema is not up to date. The log also say's that I need to run forest prep because the schema is not up to date on the PDC. I can force replication between the servers in different domains with no errors. I have no clue what else exchange needs me to do for it to be installed.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange install in child domain - 23.Nov.2005 12:25:00 AM   
Zelandakh

You just need to run forestprep in the root domain using adprep on the Exchange 2003 CD.

(in reply to hobbyjp)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange install in child domain - 23.Nov.2005 12:43:14 AM   
hobbyjp

I read about adprep but it only references exchange 2000 setup in a 2003 active dir domain. I have a 2000 active dir domain with exchange 2000. My child domain is also 2000, but they are installing 2003 exchange into my existing exchange org. Is adprep still the answer to my troubles with the schema. Thanks for the replys

(in reply to Zelandakh)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange install in child domain - 23.Nov.2005 4:00:27 PM   
isawader

Exchange 2003 has new schemas than exchange 2000.   The 2000 AD doesn't know anything about them.  So a native 2000 AD domain needs to extend its schema to accommodate exchange 2003.

< Message edited by isawader -- 23.Nov.2005 4:01:29 PM >

(in reply to hobbyjp)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange install in child domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter