• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HELP - broken connector

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> HELP - broken connector Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP - broken connector - 23.Nov.2005 10:26:21 PM   
thepunisher

I have 2 sites
exchange 2000 server in one and a new 2003 server in the other that replaced a 2000 server.

The connector is not working, it is a routing group connector and I just changed the server that use to be in there from the 2000 server to the 2003 server.

Do these work in exchange 2003 to connect 2000 to a 2003 server or do I need something else.

the connector is sitting there with
The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.
Post #: 1
RE: HELP - broken connector - 25.Nov.2005 10:46:02 AM   
mark@mvps.org

If you just have two servers you shouldn't actually need any kind of a connector to link the two.
Can you explain exactly what this connector is set to do?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to thepunisher)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP - broken connector - 25.Nov.2005 10:09:20 PM   
thepunisher

I have just about finished the following migration.   Installed ex2003 on a new server moved all mailboxes, public/system folders, etc. from an exchange cluster server - there were 2 in the cluster but one had been offline for several months. I then uninstalled exchange 2000 from the cluster servers and things seem fine.   I still had the exchange 2000 virtual server left in the ESM.  I then went to remove it and had found that there were a couple mailboxes left, and I am not sure how that could be since they never showed up in the storage groups on the old server.  I deleted the mailboxes for a couple service accounts that I will have to deal with later, but there were 4 system admin accounts left.  I deleted those mailboxes as well- was that the right thing or what do I do now to fix them?  The MS articles mentioned not worrying about moving them over?   Now I got the old cluster server name removed from the esm.  But now I still have the ccmail, freebusy, and msmail connector left that was put in from the 2000 server.  I thought it would remove when I did the uninstall but it didn't?   Any ideas on removing the connectors and also about the system mailboxes?
How do I remove the connectors now?

What was msmail and ccmail used for, was that for 2000 or 5.5?  

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> HELP - broken connector Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter