ERROR: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

denco3813 -> ERROR: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (24.Nov.2005 12:36:49 PM)

We are trying to move the exchange 2003 from 1 win 2003 to another win 2003 server. we have installed exchange on server 2 and move all mail boxes into exchange2 on server 2. But when we try to expand all public folder with the ESM for server 2 we getting an error:

an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Facility: win32
ID no: c0072746
Exchange System Manager

Is any one got any idea how to correct this problem?
I get this error from my XP machine, server 1 and server 2. Outlook looks ok no error.

any help would be apreciated.

thanks

bej -> RE: ERROR: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (28.Nov.2005 3:54:20 PM)

Hi!
Take a look at this thread. Maybe you can find something there:
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000143

tool7272 -> RE: ERROR: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (6.Feb.2006 3:10:53 PM)

I have this same problem and none of the fixes I have seen on this site or Microsofts have helped at all.  Has anyone foound one that works? 

de.blackman -> RE: ERROR: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (6.Feb.2006 6:08:29 PM)

public folder administration is handled by IIS in system manager. Go into IIS administrator. Check the properties of the EXADMIN virtual directory. Confirm it is set to integrated and make sure no SSL is required on it. Also check the properties of the default web site. On the Web Site tab,  make sure "HTTP Keeps-alive" is enabled.

A couple of things you guys may want to check as well. Make sure the DefaultAppPool is started in IIS. I have seen issues on machines that have windows service pack 1 and some IIS DLL files are not updated completely. Are you guys able to browse the default website or do u get "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE"? If thats what u get, then simply re-apply service pack 1 for windows. It does not affect exchange at all.

Page: [1]