• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND MailArchiver

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND MailArchiver Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND MailAr... - 24.Nov.2005 3:25:21 PM   
mark_scott_UK

I am using an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server with SP2 running on WIndows 2000 SP4. In April I installed MailArchiver to enable SQL backup of emails.  Last Month I installed MailMarshal and also updated to Exchange SP2.  SInce then I have been unable to run MailMarshal because when we try and send external email, they are queued for delivery but never get sent. 

I have hundreds of NDRs all saying the same thing:

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
<SERVER.DOMAIN.co.uk #4.4.7>

When I turn off MailMarshal by setting it to Bypass then emails can go in and out of site.  However we need MailMarshall in place and actually working.  

Can anyoe advise on this?  GFI are being less than co-operative on this
Post #: 1
RE: No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND Ma... - 25.Nov.2005 2:50:00 PM   
nicks

Hi,

The problem seems to be in the delivery of the message. I doubt this has anything to do with GFI MailArchiver, since GFI MailArchiver does not check the emails while they are being delivered.

I would recommend that you check the error 4.4.7 at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=284204

Did you also contact MailMarshal support?

Thank you.

Nicholas Sciberras
GFI Software - www.gfi.com
Messaging, Content Security & Network Security Software

(in reply to mark_scott_UK)
Post #: 2
RE: No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND Ma... - 25.Nov.2005 3:00:17 PM   
mark_scott_UK

THanks for the reply

I have reviewed the KB article and with MailMarshall turnned off the messages are routed fine.  Also, yes GFI MailArchiver did work on its own until we put in MailMarshall.  

It looks like we have to exclude the GFI mailbox from MailMarshall scanning rules and see if that makes a difference.

What is disappointing in this case is the dismissive attitude of GFI.  I had an online chat with someone in the USA who basically told me that MailMarshal was not supported with GFI.  I was also told this by your UK offices.   

Other companies are happy to work with 3rd party solutions indeed Sophos and Sybari (Microsoft) were willing to work together to solve a problem on our systems.   Maybe someone ought to test GFI with MailMarshal seeing its one of the top rated content scanning modules for Exchange?

(in reply to nicks)
Post #: 3
RE: No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND Ma... - 25.Nov.2005 3:09:50 PM   
nicks

Hi Mark,

In this case, there is little that can be done from our side.

We will confirm if the mailbox used by GFI MailArchiver needs to be excluded for MailMarshall to work correctly. However in this case the problem seems to have been caused by MailMarshall. Not sure how GFI MailArchiver would have had any effect in this regards.

If you are using GFI MailArchiver version 3, you can configure it to retreive emails using IMAP, which should help in your situation, since there is no direct interaction with Exchange server (other then through the 'well known' IMAP interface), and I am assuming will also avoid this problem completly.

Nicholas Sciberras

Post #: 4
RE: No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND Ma... - 25.Nov.2005 3:17:15 PM   
mark_scott_UK

Thanks nick,

HOw can I update to v3?  please can you send through a link?

Regards

MArk

(in reply to nicks)
Post #: 5
RE: No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND Ma... - 25.Nov.2005 3:30:00 PM   
nicks

First check if you are eligible to a free upgrade from your GFI customer area.

You can download the latest build of MailArchiver 3 directly from ftp://ftp.gfi.com/mailarchiver3.exe.

You can upgrade the data that was archived in MailArchiver version 2 to be used in the new version - follow this knowledgebase article to do that:
http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID002467

On the same topic of the upgrade, I would also recommend that you check the following, since some users found the upgrade of the data to be a bit slow:
http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID002475

Nicholas Sciberras

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> No external email delivered with MailMarshal AND MailArchiver Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter