• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ex Server 2003 public contacts list

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Ex Server 2003 public contacts list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ex Server 2003 public contacts list - 30.Nov.2005 9:38:51 AM   
mimi

I am new to Exchange server 2003 and can't for the life of me get a contact list going that will hold our compan'ys outside contacts and be available to everyone in our organization. I have gathered that it can be done using a public folder but I can't find any step by step guide that helps me get it right.
Ive read an article that looks at exchange server 2000 and I tried to improvise but to no avail.
I have ended up with a contact list with the same name as the public folder I created on the server, but that only I can see despite giving permission to a large group.(Its visible from my outlook address book list).
Also, under the public folder directory in my own address book list,the contact list 'folder' of the same name just seems to have the properties of one 'contact' and cant have contacts added to it.what's that all about?Why is it showing as a contact list to me but also just as a contact under public folders there? Any pointers greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Ex Server 2003 public contacts list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter