• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating to PST file

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating to PST file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating to PST file - 9.Dec.2005 2:36:37 AM   
shulsberg

I have been moving 8 users from our server to another company via .PST and all was well except for 1 user. It comes back with a "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)". I went thru and made sure the logged on user had full exchange permissions and had full access under permissions but for some reason that 1 still fails . Exmerge shows that is about to move that mailbox by showing the users name in the box but then it goes to failed and gives the above error. I could see it not allowing all the boxes to transfer but why is it hanging on this box? The box is about 970.2 MB so it is below the 2GB PST limit... Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Steve 
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating to PST file - 15.Dec.2005 2:30:10 PM   
pjhutch

Could be due to a corrupt message in the mailbox thats preventing migration. You will need to check mailbox manually to see if there any problems opening certain messages and remove those.

(in reply to shulsberg)
Post #: 2
RE: Migrating to PST file - 4.Feb.2006 11:20:20 PM   
shulsberg

Thank you. It finally went thru, no idea what was hunging it up. Just tried it a few times and it worked.

Thanks again,

Steve

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating to PST file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter