• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Address book views

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Address book views Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Address book views - 21.Dec.2005 12:57:26 AM   
RichNY

In 2000, I configured our MS Exchange 5.5 org with one org, and 3 sites, each with one server.  Management wanted to limit who users could see in the address list.  One site needed to see all three, and the other two needed to see the first and itself.  I configured Address book views using info from KB article Q182902.  Now I need to back out and use the Global address book but don't know how to undo the anonymous logon setup.

Anybody have experience with this?
Post #: 1
RE: Address book views - 27.Dec.2005 11:12:35 AM   
zbnet

It's been a while since I did it, bit as I recall it doesn't matter about the anonymous login when removing ABVs.

The main principle involved with ABVs is restricting the GAL view (which by default everyone can see).  The GAL view is restricted by explicitly giving one logon (or group) Exchange Search permissions, which implicitly bars everyone else from viewing the GAL - you would then permission them to be able to view one of the created ABV containers as their replacement 'GAL'.

So, by removing the GAL Search permissions, you should effectively re-enable the GAL for all users on a server (because the GAL is an Organization-level object, and these permissions aren't replicated within an Exchange org, you need to remove these permissions from the GAL container on every individual server using Exchange Admin).  It shouldn't matter that you still have anonymous login set.

(in reply to RichNY)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Address book views Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter