• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Server 2003 cluster

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Server 2003 cluster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Server 2003 cluster - 25.Dec.2005 12:53:56 PM   
AD2005

HI All,
Please if you have any document can help me to make a proper setup for Two-node Exchange Server 2003 cluster , Any documents will be of great help

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange Server 2003 cluster - 25.Dec.2005 12:58:15 PM   
khowlette

Hi

Check this site http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Two-Node-Cluster-Windows-2003-Enterprise.html

I would have thought you done that first, haven't you!

Keith

(in reply to AD2005)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange Server 2003 cluster - 25.Dec.2005 1:06:44 PM   
AD2005

Yah I did, but I need more details if possible about installing part for cluster two nodes in Active/Passive

Any way thanks for your quick response

(in reply to khowlette)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange Server 2003 cluster - 26.Dec.2005 10:28:18 AM   
AD2005

IF you need to get good idea about cluster and different between, active /active and active /passive you have to read this two document , because I search every where and I didnít found any document related I mean with explanation except this two:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Two-Node-Cluster-Windows-2003-Enterprise.html

Thanks Mr. Marc Grote

And

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/NO-Active-Active-Cluster.html

Thanks Mr. Rui J.M. Silva

(in reply to AD2005)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange Server 2003 cluster - 27.Dec.2005 6:35:59 PM   
jroch

I've got a two-node active/active cluster, which I am only happy to be running because this new cluster has *vastly* more storage, memory, and bandwidth than the old non-clustered boxes.  Plus, they're supposed to give me a third cluster box for my spare node some time this year, so that will even things out.

I bought "Windows Server 2003 Clustering & Load Balancing" by Robert Shimonski, and I have to say that the book is mostly worthless when it comes to talking about resource types and their use.  The best the book does is to give brief walkthroughs for setting up a cluster, using the wizard every damn time.  I found that I learned a lot more by running up a test cluster and screwing with it for a while.  Almost all articles I've seen on the subject briefly cover standard configurations, and rarely get into the special cases or possibilities that are available through clustering.

I just paged through the book really quick, and *every* single section that deals with setting up a cluster *always* uses the wizard.  I really dislike when a technical book doesn't bother to explain the nuances of manually creating all relationships and resources by hand and why you might want or need to.

Anyhow, read up on the links provided above, but *do* spend some time tinkering with a cluster in a test environment if you have the opportunity.

(in reply to AD2005)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Server 2003 cluster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter