• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Product that can synchronise calendar information from Exchange server to external database.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Product that can synchronise calendar information from Exchange server to external database. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Product that can synchronise calendar information from ... - 27.Dec.2005 10:25:00 AM   
Vijay Venkat

Group,

We have built a J2EE web application, which has many modules of which one is to create and manage schedules, based on the application requirements.
This application is being done for one of our client and who has LOOK integrated to their outlook 2000 email client. Now they require, their calendars and schedule information, which they use with outlook2000 to get integrated with our application. Our application requires the ability to create, modify and edit appointments for different users based on their availability, which implies we need the ability to read calendar information of each user and then create / modify appointments based on that.

We have identified that Symprexs exchange connector can synchronise data from exchange connector to an external database in real time. Since the calendar information gets replicated on a external database, our application can pull information in to the database, either directly in or through a interface, if exchange connector provides one. This is one way synchronisation. We are also looking for a mechanism to push data (new appointments / modified appointments) back in to the database which will synchronise the appointments back in to the exchange server.

What we need is a two way synchronisation between external database and exchange server.  By doing so outlook users can carry on using Outlook2000 and LOOK,  instead of dropping the use of outlook2000 to maintain their calendar. This also reduces their learning curve on knowing how our application creates and manages schedules for them.
The questions are:
Is there a product which synchronize data back to exchanger server once we push data in to the database, so that the users can continue to use outlook2000  as is ?
Other environment information, which might be useful is given below.
These are the software in use:
Win2k, Exchanger server 2000, Outlook 2000 and LOOK.

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Product that can synchronise calendar information from Exchange server to external database. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter