• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

View all scheduled resources in single calendar?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> View all scheduled resources in single calendar? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
View all scheduled resources in single calendar? - 31.Dec.2005 5:57:47 PM   
jeff92k7

I have a small church network that I am trying to get Exchange set up and working the way they need it.  They have a slightly different need as to the way they want to use resources.

Frequently, non-staff members will need to schedule resources - Gym, conference room, classroom, etc.  However, only the staff needs to actually put in the appointments after they approve the request.  The request to the staff member will be offline, usually a paper form or a phone call to a staff member.

Once the staff member has the request, I know they can go into Outlook and schedule the resource like normal but is there a way that they can schedule it without it automatically scheduling the time in their personal calendar too?  Frequently, the staff member scheduling the resource for the third party will not actually be attending the scheduled event.

Secondly, is there a way that I can set up a single shared calendar view that will include ALL scheduled resources in it?  That way they have two calendars on their screen - their personal calendar, and the shared calendar next it detailing all scheduled resources.

I know I can set up a single "resource" calendar and they can simply schedule overlapping events in it simply noting the resource in the notes or event title line.  That way they could have the single calendar, but it would still require them to view the calendar to make certain that the noted resource isn't already scheduled.

I want to keep the resources as normal, separate resource objects with independent scheduling so that the resources can automatically accept or reject schedule requests based on previous scheduling.  I just want to be able to see all the scheduled events in one calendar.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Foster
Post #: 1
RE: View all scheduled resources in single calendar? - 2.Jan.2006 10:44:28 PM   
Zelandakh

Without booking on your own calendar? Create a mailbox called "Booked remotely". Then when someone says "I don't remember booking that", you know it was booked...erm...remotely.

Login using OWA and set the meeting up or allow send as.

As to multiple resources in one area? Yes, but not free (from memory). Slipstick used to do a public2private sync for calendars. You could sync all resources to a public calendar and allow people to see it.

(in reply to jeff92k7)
Post #: 2
RE: View all scheduled resources in single calendar? - 3.Jan.2006 10:24:50 PM   
jeff92k7

Thank you for responding.  I'll try to find that slipstick program you mentioned.

Jeff

(in reply to Zelandakh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> View all scheduled resources in single calendar? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter