• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

moving from old sbs2000 to new sbs2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> moving from old sbs2000 to new sbs2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
moving from old sbs2000 to new sbs2000 - 4.Jan.2006 7:05:25 PM   
jahammel68

Good day-

Customer is upgrading to a newer, bigger, better server.  They'll be using their current media/OS/licensing for sbs2000.

So, are there any recommendations on doing the exchange move the 'easy' way?  I'm almost looking at doing a disaster-recovery type scenario and just restore his entire old server to the new one.  The (obvious) issue with that is that I'll be moving over junk/outdated/unnecessary data and I'd rather have a 'fresh start'.

since it's SBS, I can't have both domain controllers on and talking at the same time, so it's going to be some kind of export/import function.

Any input someone may have would be greatly appreciated.  thanks...jeff
Post #: 1
RE: moving from old sbs2000 to new sbs2000 - 1.Mar.2006 2:09:26 PM   
pjhutch

In this case, I suggest, a backup of the old server and restore the system state and what ever files from the old server onto the new server.

The problem is that if the new server has different hardware from the old server, you may need to fiddle with the registry to clear up and conflicts esp the network card. I have do this method for DCs onto different hardware so it is possible.

(in reply to jahammel68)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> moving from old sbs2000 to new sbs2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter