• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

User cannot send email to one specific address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> User cannot send email to one specific address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User cannot send email to one specific address - 12.Jan.2006 7:06:32 PM   
koden

Hello,

We are running a SBS2003 server (exchange 2000).  There is a user that is having an issue sending to a specific email address (outside the company).  We are not using pop3 connectors at this time.  All our workstations are setup with Outlook 2003 and have an exchange account as well as 2-4 pop3 accounts on the client side.

With this specific user and destination email address, if the exchange account is the default account in outlook and she tries to send an email to the email address in question (using either the exchange server or the pop3 account) she gets this message:

System Administrator

Sent:
Monday, January 09, 2006 2:01 PM

To:
'System Administrator'

Subject:
Undeliverable:RE: signature ok

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: RE: signature ok
Sent: 1/9/2006 2:01 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
'Destinationemail@somewhere.net' on 1/9/2006 2:01 PM
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient.
<mail.ourdomain.biz #5.1.2>

If I set the default account in the users outlook client to one of the pop3 accounts it works fine.  I can send to this email address from any other user account using either the pop3 or exchange server even when the exchange server is the default account.  I have also configured outlook for the problem user on a different PC and I get the same issue.  The exchange server is setup to forward outside to a smarthost (our ISP).

Again, only one user has this issue and she can send email to any other email address without problems.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> User cannot send email to one specific address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter