• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 26.Jan.2006 6:27:37 PM   
courtlandkevin

I have 4 exchange servers on different sites (Windows 2000 with exchange 2003) all on same domain. our london server suddenly locked up at lunch time today after reboot it locked again about 10 minutes after reboot. I got everyone in the office to close outlook before the third reboot wich rebooted successfuly. However the private and public stores will not mount. I have since then been reading and trying various sugestions on this and other sites with no success. I have a full copy of th mdbdata directory as a backup. When you start the information store you get the following errors in the event veiwer

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
event id 9175 source msexchangeSA

Information Store (1912) First Storage Group: The log range read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\E00.log" at offset 1780736 (0x00000000001b2c00) for 137216 (0x00021800) bytes failed verification due to a range checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 3012800914 (0xb393b192) and the actual checksum was 1417026647 (0x54761c57). The read operation will fail with error -501 (0xfffffe0b). If this condition persists then please restore the logfile from a previous backup.

event id 477 source ese

Information Store (1912) First Storage Group: Corruption was detected during soft recovery in logfile C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\E00.log. The failing checksum record is located at position 3478:412. Data not matching the log-file fill pattern first appeared in sector 3746. This logfile has been damaged and is unusable.

event id 465 source ese

nformation Store (1912) First Storage Group: The log range read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\E00.log" at offset 1780736 (0x00000000001b2c00) for 137216 (0x00021800) bytes failed verification due to a range checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 3012800914 (0xb393b192) and the actual checksum was 1417026647 (0x54761c57). The read operation will fail with error -501 (0xfffffe0b). If this condition persists then please restore the logfile from a previous backup.

event 477 source ese

Information Store (1912) First Storage Group: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -501.

event id 454 source ese

If I then try to start the mailbox store in system manager I get a popup error "The database files in this store are corrupted" id c104173b Exchange System Manager.

It then posts a string of errors  in event viewer

id 477
id 465
id 454
all from ese

then

Error Log file is corrupt starting Storage Group /DC=local/DC=charter-architects/CN=Configuration/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=First Organization/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=First Administrative Group/CN=Servers/CN=CPSERVER04/CN=InformationStore/CN=First Storage Group on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
Storage Group - Initialization of Jet failed.

id 9518 source msexchangeis

down for maintenance.

id 9175 source msexchangesa

This last event repeates every minute.

Now I know there must be corruption in the logs and or edb and stm files but is there anythig I can try to repair them. even if I loose a few of the items in the most recent of the logs.

I have got a backup of the info store from last night but my users realy dont want to loose todays email.

Please could any one offer any help?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 3.Feb.2006 2:50:19 PM   
explendido

Hello, sorry because I'd like to say that I have the same trouble, I can't mount my exchange2003 mailboxe
I can't find find the files priv1.edb, priv1.stm, one of my raid-5 disks fails to start but I din't back it up so I need help to.
Pls if you had any information please mail me at explendido2@hotmail.com.
Thks.

Subu

(in reply to courtlandkevin)
Post #: 2
RE: Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 14.Feb.2006 1:46:23 PM   
exchange1969

Hi I have pretty much the same scenario on in a Clustered 2003 Exchange environment. When I fail over to Node 2 all works fine, however when I failed back to Node 1, the Store won't mount, when I try to mount it I get "the database files in this store are corrupted" Event Vwr has the following entries

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

Information Store (4092) First Storage Group: Unable to read the header of logfile S:\EXCHSRVR\mdbdata\E00.log. Error -501.

There are many others. What has really got me, is that this is a brand new installation of Exchange in a new clustered environment and was working fine for about 30 mins and continues to work on Node 2 but not on Node 1. Given the Quorum and the S:\ drive are SAN shared data, can't understand why it works on one and not the other

(in reply to courtlandkevin)
Post #: 3
RE: Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 27.Feb.2006 11:02:35 PM   
famoussd

Sorry my friends.. but you have two options..

1.  Restore from backup
2.  Patch database using eseutil /p
    - note, if you choose this option, you have to run a defrag and isinteg as well

(in reply to exchange1969)
Post #: 4
RE: Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 12.Jun.2012 9:20:34 AM   
nelson

Restoring data from most recent backup is a good idea in this case. It will help to get upto 100 % accurate data in your Exchange database file. I would not recommend to run Eseutil /p (hard repair) method in this situation because after running this tool, user may face some precious data loss problem. Actually, this command line tool simply removes the unreadable or damaged database pages and users have to face critical data loss.

If you don't have updated backup, try to use a third party application like this:
This advance program allows the users to repair and rebuild the corrupt or damaged database. Users can directly mount it to Server. It also provides option to save the recovered data into .pst file formats. For detail features and demo version , visit here: http://www.****/exchange-server-recovery.html

(in reply to famoussd)
Post #: 5
RE: Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount - 8.Aug.2017 12:12:33 PM   
nadyee1

Use Exchange Database Recovery software and resolve the most intermittent problems concerning EDB file corruption. This software also convert EDD data in PST, MSG, EML, HTML, RTF and PDF formats. This software supports MS Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000. Read more and free download click here http://exchangeserverdatarecovery.weebly.com

(in reply to nelson)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Mailbox store and public folder store wont mount Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter