• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS forum

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS forum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS forum - 28.Jan.2006 10:57:49 AM   
Henrik Walther

Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS forum, which has been created in order for you to post any questions you may have about Exchange 2003 in the SBS 2003 product.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!
Post #: 1
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 10.Jan.2007 6:34:47 AM   
praveenvats

I am using SBS 2003, Can i divert the mails hitting full mailboxes or can setup something for the incoming mails not getting the right recipient in my domain?

Regards,

Praveen Vats

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 2
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 18.Sep.2007 11:28:05 AM   
npatang

Hi ,
when you sey divertion once the mails hit to full mailbox then you can use Forwarding but the mail cannot be divert.

Yes incoming mails can be divert if it doesn't found the correct recipient in the domain. This is possible only by one way.

suppose you have @XYZ.com as your SMTP domain then you have to make this SMTP domain as the non authoratative if not then if user is not found then your exchange will  deliver the NDR to sender. If its non Authoratative then it will try to see another path and you have to create the SMTP connector with the IP on the destination server where the mailbox exists.

Thanks
Npatang

(in reply to praveenvats)
Post #: 3
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 10.Jan.2008 2:31:47 AM   
Gani

Hi,

We are using SBS 2003,

We have our Company's  Mail server hosted at Yahoo Server. The Exchange server downloads mails  from Yahoo mail server.
But when sending, the mails are sent directly from our exchange.

As the IP of our Exchange server is not on MX records, it gets blacklisted very often as spam.

My question :  Is there a way where i can configure my Exchange server SMTP to send mails to Yahoo Mail Server first, So that Yahoo Mail Server can in turn deliver the mails to external id.

Regards
Gani

(in reply to npatang)
Post #: 4
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 1.Feb.2008 4:21:46 AM   
brick

Hi,

In my company we are using SBS 2003, when we configure outlook for a new member for first time we will get a welcome mesaage from microsoft outlook. Like this can we create our own welcome message? if so please explain me through steps.

Thanks in Advance......

Post #: 5
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 12.Aug.2008 7:13:20 PM   
John Ranjith Paul

it is a very good idea to have a seperate forum for exchange in SBS 

(in reply to brick)
Post #: 6
RE: Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS f... - 21.Jan.2009 12:29:31 AM   
agieryic

I just rebuilt an HP Proliant DL380G3 server with Small Business Server 2003 R2 (with SP1). The install went thru using only the first disk just like Windows Server 2003 Standard does. Upon reboot, the setup never prompted me to continue the SBS 2003 install via a wizard

Per article I found at the below mentioned URL, I updated the server with all the latest Microsoft patches including Windows Server 2003 SP2. After the last reboot the server never prompted to continue with the setup.

Did I possibly miss a step? I don't recall missing any steps. Is there a command to initiate the continuation of the install? Maybe the previous version of SBS 2003 Standard prompted to continue with the install. Any help is appreciated

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Installing-and-Configuring-SBS2003.html 

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SBS forum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter