Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access

molinari -> Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (2.Feb.2006 10:59:25 AM)

We have a user trying to use OWA and they're having a problem logging in. Everything was working fine for them up until about 2 weeks ago, when it just stopped. When they click on the Internet link to the OWA server, they’re getting a security alert dialog box informing them that the certificate has expired or is not yet valid. They click on ‘yes’ to proceed, enter their username and password but they get no further. We have about 30 people using OWA on a daily basis and no one else is having this problem, so I’m assuming the problem is between the server and their PC. Any ideas on what it could be???

leederbyshire -> RE: Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (2.Feb.2006 11:11:58 AM)

It sounds like the SSL certificate on your Default Web Site has expired.  They only last for a year or so.  If you bought it, you will need to renew.  If you issued it yourself, you will have to re-issue.

molinari -> RE: Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (2.Feb.2006 11:14:40 AM)

but wouldn't that affect all users of OWA??
There is only one person having a problem, it works fine for everyone else.

leederbyshire -> RE: Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (2.Feb.2006 11:18:58 AM)

I would still go and have a look at the properties of your Default Web Site, just in case.  Click on View Certificate, and check the date range.  The other users might start being affected.  If the dates are okay, try going into the user's IE options, and select Clear SSL State.

molinari -> RE: Loggin in - Security alert Dialog Box (2.Feb.2006 1:00:49 PM)

thanks for the help.

Checked the date of the certificate and it doesn't expire until March 2006, so I'll get the user to try the 'Clear SSL State' option.

Page: [1]