• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailbox full access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Mailbox full access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailbox full access - 7.Feb.2006 11:15:52 PM   
dabuti9

Hi, i have some issue with granting full access to generics mailbox

I have various mailbox of generic users. This windows accounts are disabled and the mailbox needs openes with various users: departamental mailboxes....
When i grant full acess to windows accounts to this mailbox, users can open this second mailbox (users has own mailbox and open with outlook the departamental mailbox) but they can't send messages as departamental mailbox. I need that this users change From: field  <Dpt. Finnancial> and send messages such as this. In some cases this works only with ->Granting full access to this mailbox, but in other cases this not work and outlook show an "access denied" error in the moment of send this messages.

Anyone knows any issues of this?

TIA.
Post #: 1
RE: Mailbox full access - 9.Feb.2006 6:44:57 PM   
uemurad

Exchange 2003 by default doesn't allow "Send As", and the setting is not part of the Mailbox Rights.  You need to open the object in ADU&C, and go to the Security tab.  In the list you'll find "Send As".  You need to add your user or group and check that box.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to dabuti9)
Post #: 2
RE: Mailbox full access - 11.Feb.2006 12:53:06 AM   
kleinisd

I manage 5600 mailboxes for a K-12 public school district on 2 Exchange servers and 1 OWA server.  For the exception of a few users I have a system wide limit set for mailbox size.  At 70MB they receive a warning, at 75MB they can't send, and at 85MB they can't send or receive.  I need more servers to spread the wealth but being on a public education budget I can't.  So my information stores are around 50GB each.

(in reply to dabuti9)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Mailbox full access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter