• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New server with OWA problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> New server with OWA problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New server with OWA problems - 10.Feb.2006 3:05:27 AM   
adkinsmatthew

This is so weird...I have no idea what is going on...

Problem:  When anyone on a certain Exchange server tries to dismiss or snooze reminders in OWA, they get the following error:

"One or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed"

This only happens when the users are using OWA.  They can successfully snooze & dismiss any and all reminders from their Outlook software.  This is happening across the board for several hundred users on this one server. 

History:  We just added an additional new Exchange server cluster last week.  We moved several hundred users to this new cluster to be the test users.  Sure enough, they are all experiencing a problem.  At least this problem isn't inhibiting work. 

This cluster is Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2.  Both nodes of the cluster have the EXACT same software, patches, and hardware.  They are identical twins.  This is a completely default installation of Exchange.  NO STRANGE settings or configuration.  I promise. 

Ever heard of this?  Please help, my manager is expecting an answer and I have no idea what is going on.
Post #: 1
RE: New server with OWA problems - 10.Feb.2006 12:46:36 PM   
pjhutch

Could be due to slow server performance, corrupt reminder data,

Check out these articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291488/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286166/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327675/en-us

(in reply to adkinsmatthew)
Post #: 2
RE: New server with OWA problems - 10.Feb.2006 2:41:34 PM   
adkinsmatthew

Thanks for your reply...however, these kb articles don't really touch my problems:

291488 and 286166 both deal with the local Outlook client and don't say anything about OWA.  The problem doesn't happen in Outlook whatsovever.  Really strange.

As for the performance topic in 327675, that is a good troubleshooting idea, but check out the following:

We have over 11 Exchange servers with 3 front end OWA (we have thousands upon thousands of users).  We have monitoring the performance of the OWA servers and they are well within acceptable Microsoft performance recommendations.

If the problem was due to slowness, you would think that one of the other 11 servers would be experiencing the same issue.  But, they are not.  This is the only server with the issue.

I'm pulling my hair out!!!!

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: New server with OWA problems - 10.Feb.2006 4:43:15 PM   
pjhutch

Are the front end servers using NLB (Network Load Balancing) or part of a cluster or standalone? I don`t think OWA will work on a cluster though...

I assume the back end servers are clustered?

(in reply to adkinsmatthew)
Post #: 4
RE: New server with OWA problems - 10.Feb.2006 7:11:10 PM   
adkinsmatthew

The front-end isn't NLB or clustered.  They have been serving our other mail servers for over a year without any similar issues.  Adding this new cluster is the first major change (besides SP2) that we have done in about a year. 

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> New server with OWA problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter