• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Information Store doesn't start on restart after Exchange SP2

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Information Store doesn't start on restart after Exchange SP2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Information Store doesn't start on restart after Exchan... - 10.Feb.2006 6:54:57 AM   
7matthew7

Hi, I've got a problem with an SBS Server where Exchange SP2 has been installed. The server is fully up to date with the latest MS patches. GFI MailEssentials and Symantec Mail Security are installed, but updated to the latest compatable version with Exchange SP2. When the server is restarted, the Information Store service doesn't start, but if you go to services and click start, the service starts fine. Here are the errors that are logged on startup. Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category:      General
Event ID:      8197
Description:
Error initializing session for virtual machine xxxx. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

Event Type:      Warning
Event Source:      IMAP4SVC
Event ID:      1036
Description:
An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80004005.
Data:
0000: 7b 01 2d 00               {.-.   

Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      MSExchangeMTA
Event Category:      Configuration
Event ID:      125
Description:
A fatal error occurred reading a value from the directory. No MTA name was found. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. [MTA MAIN BASE 1 12] (16)

Event Source:      MSExchangeMTA
Event Category:      Resource
Event ID:      9406
Description:
There is not enough Performance Monitor memory to display the MTA Connections information.  Stop attached Performance Monitors and re-start the MTA. [BASE MAIN BASE 1] (14)

Event Source:      MSExchangeIS
Event ID:      1121
Description:
Error 0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.

Event Source:      MSExchangeIS
Event ID:      5000
Description:
Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   - Error 0x80004005.

Event Source:      MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category:      Topology
Event ID:      2106
Description:
Process WMIPRVSE.EXE -EMBEDDING (PID=6832). DSAccess failed to obtain DNS records for forest DC=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxx. DNS Priority and Weight for the Global Catalog servers in this forest will be set to the default values 0 (priority) and 100 (weight).

Event Source:      Service Control Manager
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      7024
Description:
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 2147500037 (0x80004005).

Has anyone come accross this before or have any suggestions to what might be causing this?

Thanks for your help
Post #: 1
RE: Information Store doesn't start on restart after Ex... - 11.Feb.2006 7:07:44 AM   
de.blackman

0x80004005 usually means there is a permissions problem. Make sure you have permission inheritance turned on from the organization level all the way down to the store.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to 7matthew7)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Information Store doesn't start on restart after Exchange SP2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter