• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes on new server.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes on new server. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes on ne... - 13.Feb.2006 5:22:06 PM   
Miracle

Hello

I have a Win2k FE-BE setup.  I recently added a second BE Exchange server and since then, users are unable to access their mailbox through OWA.  I have mirrors the Virtual directory setting on the new BE server to enable communications between the two.  I believe the issue is an authentication based one as I can connect to my mailbox through OWA which is on the new server.  If I try and access a users mailbox through OWA using my admin logon details I can again access the users mailbox.  If the users attempt to login with their details then the server keeps asking them for their login even though they enter it correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes o... - 14.Feb.2006 5:38:32 PM   
Miracle

We added another BE server (the 3rd) and configured it in the same manor, set the appropriate permissions on the exchange folders and all is working well with the 3rd BE server.

Going back to the problem BE server. The only thing we did differently was
to create the virtual directory in IIS first and then in ESM. I have since
deleted the virtual directory from both IIS and ESM, then recreated it 10
minutes later in ESM and waited for the information to replicate to IIS. The
information has now replicated and I am still unable to logon to a mailbox
using the users details. I am also unable to logon directly to the server
either instead of going through the FE server. If I try going through the FE
server I get an error relating to a bad username or password in event viewer
on the FE server.

(in reply to Miracle)
Post #: 2
RE: New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes o... - 14.Feb.2006 6:43:58 PM   
Miracle

I have solved the problem.  I removed the virtual directory from both IIS and ESM, rebooted the server, and then recreated the virtual directory in ESM.  After the setting replicated to IIS everything worked fine.

(in reply to Miracle)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> New BE added. Auth issue connecting to mailboxes on new server. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter