• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: "

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: " Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Delivery to the following recipient failed perman... - 8.Mar.2006 6:18:55 PM   
Blisster

I occasionally get this error message bounced back to me when I try and send an email to my companies Exchange organization from my gmail account. Here is the entire message I get:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification  Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:      me@company.com  Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 553 Connection rejected due to installation settings of receiving SMTP host   
----- Original message -----

I don't see anything in the Exchange logs.
I do have and ISA 2004 box set up as our mail gateway and RPC proxy, but I'm jsut passing the SMTP traffic through the box to the exchange server. I'm not seeing anything in the logs on the ISA box either, and typically if I jsut resend the message it goes through with no issue. I have had reports from others of similar issues from time to time. Any ideas?

TIA!
Post #: 1
RE: "Delivery to the following recipient failed pe... - 8.Mar.2006 6:38:25 PM   
Xguru

don't Run SMTP service on the ISA box.

Try and deleting and recreating the SMTP filters on the ISA box.

XGURU

(in reply to Blisster)
Post #: 2
RE: "Delivery to the following recipient failed pe... - 9.Mar.2006 1:56:11 AM   
Blisster

Thanks for the response. I'm actually NOT running SMTP on the ISA box, and the rule is very straight-forward, I'm just passing the SMTP traffic directly to the internal exchange box with the standard 'Allow SMTP from external to <internal IP address>'

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: " Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter