• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Empty Free/Busy Folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Empty Free/Busy Folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empty Free/Busy Folder - 13.Mar.2006 8:13:34 PM   
micolino

We recently did an upgrade from Ex2000sp3, to 2003sp2 using new hardware.  Everything went very smoothly with the exception of public folder replication.  Brought the new server up, set up replication, moved mailboxes, set up OWA etc.  The next morning when I checked on the status of everything I could no longer access any of the Public System folders.  I couldn't access them from either the old server or the new one.  The public folders that were used internally by the company however migrated fine.  In our administrative group, the Offline Address Book, and the Store Events have sub-folders, but all the other system Public folders have nothing inside of them.  Exhausted the MS KB, and google trying to remedy this. 
  After not being able to restore the free/busy data specifically, I decomissioned the old Exchange 2000 server finally so now we only have the new 2003sp2 server in place.  I had hoped that once the old server was gone it would realize it was missing data and re-create it.  After that was not effective, I followed KB822444 to reset the system folders.  This appeared to work properly, but produced no visible results.  My Schedule+Free/Busy folder has no sub-folder beneath it, and clients are getting "Unable to update free/busy data" error messages (/cleanfreebusy switch does not work.)  If I right click on the public folders and try to "Resend Changes" I get the following error message:  "ID no: c1038a72 You may not send changes.  Either there are not enough replicas or you don't have permissions to the public folder stores."  When checking the permissions, nothing is marked "deny." under everyone, or authenticated users.  I am also getting Error 8207 logged in the application log on a regular basis.  Anyone seen this before, or know what the next step to troubleshoot would be?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Empty Free/Busy Folder - 14.Mar.2006 6:08:00 AM   
AdminFix

I hope you have already been through the following KBs :-

822444 How To Reset a Site Folder in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822444

294282 XADM: How to Use Updatefb.exe to Republish Absent Free/Busy Data
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=294282

Have we waited for AD replication to complete for the new GUID. Once that has happened acros the domain, I would like to see the FB info generate with the help of UpdateFB.exe. I would also prefer running OUTLOOK.EXE /CLEANFREBUSY (all lower cases) than UpdateFB.exe.

Let us know of the progress.

(in reply to micolino)
Post #: 2
RE: Empty Free/Busy Folder - 14.Mar.2006 5:39:17 PM   
micolino

I have been through 822444, and reset the site folders.

As far as 294282, from what I understand that tool goes through and creates a test appointment for each user - which is roughly the equivalent of running Outlook from the command line with the /cleanfreebusy switch.  Since running Outlook with that switch results in an error message "Unable to update free/busy data" I did not think that tool would help.  If I am not correct about that tool, I will call Microsoft to get it, but from what I understand it wouldn't help.

Thanks for your time and the prompt response, any idea on where to go from here?

Thanks,

Mike

(in reply to AdminFix)
Post #: 3
RE: Empty Free/Busy Folder - 15.Mar.2006 8:50:18 PM   
micolino

Any more ideas on this?  I seem to have hit a wall, and would rather not call MS Support if I don't have to..

Thanks in advance,

Mike

(in reply to micolino)
Post #: 4
RE: Empty Free/Busy Folder - 26.May2008 4:49:36 PM   
blum81

Does anyone know what the resolution for this is?  I'm at the same roadblock right now.

(in reply to micolino)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Empty Free/Busy Folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter