• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Undeliverable Messages...Please help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Undeliverable Messages...Please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Undeliverable Messages...Please help - 16.Mar.2006 9:19:40 AM   
mrjtanus

I have a few users reported undeliverable message problem; however, i don't know what's causing it, please help.
The bounced-back messages were trying to go someone@comcast.net and someone@aol.com.
Messages were trying to the someone@comcast.net bounced back right after 5 seconds; and the other
bounced back after 48 hours. Used to there was no such problem and no one changed any exchange settings.
Sometimes, everything works fine. We are small company which has single DC with DSN and Exhchange 03 is hosted
on a different server.

Here are the error messages:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

someone@comcast.net on 3/13/2006 11:10 AM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.
<exhost1.CompanyName.local #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender "64.34.34.10" does not map to exhost1.CompanyName.local in DNS>

The second one:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

somebody@aol.com on 3/15/2006 4:12 PM
            Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.  Please retry or contact your administrator.
            <exhost1.CompanyName.local #4.4.7>

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Undeliverable Messages...Please help - 18.Mar.2006 1:19:35 AM   
AdminFix

I guess the IP address that you outbound connection is using doesn't have a PTR record. As per best practices, you should have your outbound IP address mapped to your Exchange Host (A) Record. If you already have that in place, you may want to check yor NAT settings to see which IP address the connection is using. To know more, go to www.whatismyip.com and you will know your outbound connection IP address.

(in reply to mrjtanus)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Undeliverable Messages...Please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter