• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Messages sit in Outbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Messages sit in Outbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Messages sit in Outbox - 17.Mar.2006 11:35:39 PM   
pianoman29

For some reason, I have a bunch of users who when sending a new message, it sits in the outbox, until you click on another folder or message
in Outlook 2K3.

I have exchange 2003 sp2 and the users that i find who have this issue (including myself on one machine) is that they all have Windows XP.

I've googled this and found some info about offline folders, etc...but that doesn't really pertain to me.

Any suggestions/Ideas?

Thanks!  and Happy St. Patty's Day!
Post #: 1
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 18.Mar.2006 8:07:34 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Are they on the same network as people who don't have a problem and have they configured personal (XP SP2 or 3rd party) firewalls with any blocking rules that aren't on working systems?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to pianoman29)
Post #: 2
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 20.Mar.2006 9:36:47 PM   
Brianw

Hello Mark,

I do not see a reply from pianoman29, and am having the same issue as he has described so I am going to jump in here.

All of my users that have this issue are on the same network, and I use a managed desktop that does not allow them to configure sp2 or install any 3rd party utils. 

Also, if I do not open a new folder or access anything in Outlook for that matter, the message will leave the Outbox after about 2 - 3 minutes.  At one time, I did have Exchange Cached Mode enabled on my machine, the rest of my users with this issue have not had it enabled.  I created a new profile for Outlook when I removed the ECM feature, and this did not help. 

Thank you in advance for your help
Brian

(in reply to pianoman29)
Post #: 3
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 21.Mar.2006 12:38:48 AM   
Xguru

This may be stupid, but what AV do u have on the client?

Get rid of Windows firewall on the client box.

XGURU

(in reply to Brianw)
Post #: 4
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 21.Mar.2006 1:00:35 AM   
Brianw

I am using Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange on the server and Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v9.0 on the Client end.

Brian

(in reply to pianoman29)
Post #: 5
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 21.Mar.2006 4:00:58 AM   
psuedo

I have a similar issue where the mail does actually send but outlook sometimes (not always) shows that there is still a message in the outbox (by showing the green number next to outbox). After you click on another folder it dissapears and is defiently getting sent. Doesn't really cause an issue except for user confussion

(in reply to Brianw)
Post #: 6
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 21.Mar.2006 12:20:20 PM   
Xguru

Perfect... All i wanted....

Open outlook an get in to TOOLS/OPTIONS/OTHER/ADVANCED OPTIONS/ADD-IN Manager/ under this look for something like "SAV" uncheck it and restart outlook.

Test if you find any improvement.

XGURU

(in reply to psuedo)
Post #: 7
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 21.Mar.2006 4:46:38 PM   
Brianw

Hello XGURU,

I had seen that suggestion by you in a seperate post, and already tested that.  I have the same issue when the SAVCORP90 is unchecked.  I am not sure what else to check. 

I have also ran the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer tool from M$ and received a clean bill of health from that.  There were not any critical issues with my Exchange environment.

Brian

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 8
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 22.Mar.2006 1:32:16 AM   
Xguru

Nice... now the issue is really annoying....

Do we have outlook 2003 with SP2 applied for the same?

Can any one of us try and take a NETMON trace or an ethereal trace and send it across to me?

I would like to analyze the trace and try and confirm why this may happen... One last question would be did we check if OWA has the same problem?

XGURU

(in reply to Brianw)
Post #: 9
RE: Messages sit in Outbox - 22.Mar.2006 5:07:04 AM   
Brianw

Ok, I have my Outlook working correctly now.

I exported my Mailbox, and then deleted my Exchange account.  Completed a full backup, and then created a new Exchange account.  I am now able to send and receive as expected.

Before doing this, I did test the OWA environment as suggested and did NOT have the same issue.  Unfortunately I did all of this before I left work today and before you sent the request for the NETMON trace. 

I would still like to discover the root cause of this issue, any suggestions?

Brian

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Messages sit in Outbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter