• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a connection attempt

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a connection attempt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a conn... - 21.Mar.2006 4:05:23 PM   
Aok

Hello,

I'm running into this issue right now, some servers i send e-mail to are fines, and some servers stay in Exchange with the error: Remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. I nslookup them and it resolves, so it isnt a DNS issue, where should i start to troubleshoot these ?

regards,

Aok
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a ... - 22.Mar.2006 12:53:48 AM   
Xguru

Increse logging under server properties for "Transport".

When the connection for a domain fails you will have a Event generated that could give us an idea.

Also get in to www.dnsstuff.com and check if your server is blacklisted (outgoing IP and MX both).

XGURU

(in reply to Aok)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a ... - 22.Mar.2006 2:49:41 PM   
Aok

Hello,

There are no events in the event viewer regarding this. However a user told me he had to auth to a smtp server to try sending e-mail, which is weird cause he's going through exchange. Here's what i got from  dnsstuff;

PTR MISSING! 67.69.108.122 has no reverse DNS entry; some mail servers may not accept your mail. 1200 seconds 0 ms

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 3
RE: SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a ... - 22.Mar.2006 3:56:38 PM   
Aok

Update:

Now getting multiples errors;

1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
2. You do not have permission to send to this recipient.

I guess this is all related to my problem, I was also reading stuff about it. It could be related to a DNS issue, where the remote mail server couldn't be able to reverse lookup of the mail server and take it as spam e-mail.

regards,

Aok

(in reply to Aok)
Post #: 4
RE: SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a ... - 22.Mar.2006 7:15:49 PM   
Xguru

You are right....

Thera are a lot many server out there who do not accept email from IP's that do not have a reverse entry in DNS or PTR record.

Ask your ISP to add a reverse PTR record for your connecting IP.

XGURU

(in reply to Aok)
Post #: 5
RE: SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a ... - 22.Mar.2006 10:01:51 PM   
Aok

Yea, i solved it, i'm now using the ISP smtp server in exchange and everything works fine, i asked the ISP to add a PTR for our server, which will be done shortly, and hopefully solve the issue.

regards,
Aok

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Connector: Remote server did not respond to a connection attempt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter