• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can replicate Exchange to have a fail-over setup?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can replicate Exchange to have a fail-over setup? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can replicat... - 23.Mar.2006 1:53:23 AM   
Alann

I understand Exchange clustering provides a seamless or near seamless transformation from Active to Passive server in a 1+1 node set up when the primary server is down. Is there anything else from Microsoft that does near the same as clustering?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can repl... - 23.Mar.2006 3:29:12 AM   
Xguru

What is it apart from cluster?

We need to know what we want to achieve...

You may want to wait for E12 to hit the marke which whould have the log shipping capability.. This is a feature copied from SQL.

XGURU

(in reply to Alann)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can repl... - 23.Mar.2006 7:18:58 AM   
Henrik Walther

If you want real replication (also of the database) I suggest you checkout Double-Take from NSI Software:

http://www.nsisoftware.com/what-we-offer/double-take

A cluster doesn't help you much if the database is corrupt.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

(in reply to Xguru)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can repl... - 23.Mar.2006 9:36:34 AM   
Alann

I know windows clustering can get complex, just trying to see if there is any other solution that is similar to clustering (failover, HA) but in a more simple implementation process.

If this Double Take replicate modified data, if the primary server has a corrupted file, will it replicate that corrupted file as well meaning the software will basiclly replicate or clone the exact courrpted server.

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can repl... - 23.Mar.2006 1:17:42 PM   
Xguru

Good question alann....

Why call the symantec guys and ask them regarding Veritas replicator, clustering and replication solution from the BACKUP GURUS...

XGURU

(in reply to Alann)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Is Exchange clustering the only way that I can replicate Exchange to have a fail-over setup? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter