• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SBS 2003 Exchange in Recovery Mode

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS 2003 Exchange in Recovery Mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SBS 2003 Exchange in Recovery Mode - 3.Apr.2006 7:17:49 PM   
computerbiz

Over the weekend I upgraded the server box.  When I tried to backup from the old box and restore to the new box using MS builtin backup I messed something up.  I could see the old mailboxes in the new stores but the clients wouldn't connect to the database.  I have the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant and another Exchange book by Barry Gerber, but I couldn't seem to figure out the mess I made using them.  I tried the Recovery Storage group method using Exmerge, but that didn't work.  After many hours on Sunday night, to get this Law Office up and running for Monday morning, I gave up removed all data from the mdbdata folder and remounted the database. I then went to the clients exported the offline data to a .pst file and imported it to the online version (I should have done this in the begining, only 11 clients).  Exchange is now working on the clients.  POP Connectors receives mail from outside the network, Inter-office Exchange mail seems to work fine,  Mail sends out OK.  However, something is still  wrong.  Every time I start a client it asks me to connect or work offline and says that Exchange is in recovery mode.  Seems to connect and work fine, but I know that isn't the correct indication and I'm not sure if the cashe mode is working.  Can anyone help me figure this one out, or point me to the right forum.  Thanks, David
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS 2003 Exchange in Recovery Mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter