3 Node Cluster Storage Requirements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

_Biff -> 3 Node Cluster Storage Requirements (6.Apr.2006 5:33:54 PM)

Hi All;

i was hoping that someone can shed some light as to the disk configuration for this.  I have 3 node cluster running 2 EVS's, each EVS has 1 storage group with approx 2000 users.  I know the disk sizing but am not sure about how many disks and where to put things.... any help would be appreciated..

thanks in advance

mark@mvps.org -> RE: 3 Node Cluster Storage Requirements (9.Apr.2006 7:34:45 PM)

This question simply cannot be answered because we have no idea what your SAN is and how it's configured.

The rules you must follow are that the log files must be separate from the stores, so that if you lost so many disks that one of the two parts of Exchange went down you'd be able to restore the one that did and replay to/with the one that didn't get lost.

Who did the design for the cluster? If you did it then you should know what you're doing and if you didn't do it then you shouldn't pay the fool who did. It's so very vital that you fully understand a cluster, especially a 3+ node one before you go implementing it.

Page: [1]