• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum me... - 7.Apr.2006 6:43:26 PM   
SeanRinVA

Hello all,

I am running an Exchange 2000 server behind an ISA 2004 server (Message Screener is turned on).  My users are getting phone calls and emails from people who are trying to send email with attachments (primarily Word documents) that they're getting the message listed in the subject on a bounce email.  I've gone through all mailbox, smtp connector, etc. settings and everything is set to 10240kb for max.  The latest attempt that I've been notified about has several attachments, with a total attachment size under 3.4MB.  That person forwarded the original email to my GMail account, and as I'm using it for testing purposes.

I've searched Google Groups as well as Microsoft's KB, and have not found anything to solve this issue.  I hope that you all can help.

SeanRinVA
Post #: 1
RE: ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximu... - 12.Apr.2006 2:24:24 PM   
SeanRinVA

I've found the problem.  The SMTP Server on the ISA 2k4 server was set to max message size of 2MB.  I increased it to match the Exchange Server's settings, and the messages are getting through.

(in reply to SeanRinVA)
Post #: 2
RE: ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximu... - 12.Oct.2010 9:26:05 AM   
shahbaz.mateen

Hi,

I am facing a problem in my exchange server 2003 the error is "552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size",please advice me how to resolve this issue.

(in reply to SeanRinVA)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter