ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

SeanRinVA -> ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error (7.Apr.2006 6:43:26 PM)

Hello all,

I am running an Exchange 2000 server behind an ISA 2004 server (Message Screener is turned on).  My users are getting phone calls and emails from people who are trying to send email with attachments (primarily Word documents) that they're getting the message listed in the subject on a bounce email.  I've gone through all mailbox, smtp connector, etc. settings and everything is set to 10240kb for max.  The latest attempt that I've been notified about has several attachments, with a total attachment size under 3.4MB.  That person forwarded the original email to my GMail account, and as I'm using it for testing purposes.

I've searched Google Groups as well as Microsoft's KB, and have not found anything to solve this issue.  I hope that you all can help.

SeanRinVA

SeanRinVA -> RE: ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error (12.Apr.2006 2:24:24 PM)

I've found the problem.  The SMTP Server on the ISA 2k4 server was set to max message size of 2MB.  I increased it to match the Exchange Server's settings, and the messages are getting through.

shahbaz.mateen -> RE: ye olde 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size error (12.Oct.2010 9:26:05 AM)

Hi,

I am facing a problem in my exchange server 2003 the error is "552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size",please advice me how to resolve this issue.

Page: [1]