• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public Folder Creation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folder Creation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public Folder Creation - 26.Apr.2006 4:54:23 PM   
AaronSmith

So I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong here.  We have an Exchange 2003 server running on a 2 node cluster.  Up until this point, we have not made use of Public Folders but I'm sitting down to start setting some up.  What appears to be straight forward is, or course, turning out not to be.   Of course, this could simply be a matter of my own mis-understanding. 

If I open ESM, and open the admin group with our exchange server (we just have the one), I see Folders, and within it, the default "Public Folders".  There is nothing in Public Folders.  Not surprising as we hadn't used any.  However, in the actual public folder store on the server, you can see the various System folders as well as one public folder that was created by a user.  In Outlook, under Public Folders, I see the one user created folder plus a default News Groups folder. 

If I go in to the admin group, select Folders and then Public folders and create a new public folder, this new folder never shows up in the public folder store and it never shows up in Outlook.  If I try to edit the permissions by clicking "Client Permissions", I get "An unexpected error occured  ID 8000ffff".  I get the same error if I try to look at the "Details" button for replication.  Am I doing something wrong here?  Am I incorrect in assuming that creating a Public Folder is simply a matter of clicking New->Public Folder and giving it a name?  This server seems to be behaving differently than the test servers I've done this on in the past.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folder Creation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter