• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Calling all super memebres, need your kind help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Calling all super memebres, need your kind help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calling all super memebres, need your kind help - 9.May2006 5:35:32 AM   
Balwant_Kapkoti

Hi to all,

I have following setup....

1) A Domain Controller with MS windows 2000 server.
2) An Additional Domain Controller with Ms windows 2000 server and exchange 2000 as a backend server.
3)A member server with Ms windows 2000 server and exchange 2000 as a front end server.

Now I have to upgrade the set up as follows...

1) Using same hardware Upgrade 2000 Domain controller to 2003 domain controller.
2)Using New hardware (New Server Machine) upgrade Additional domain controller with 2003 server and exchage 2003 as a backend server.
3)Using same hardware upgrade 2000 member server with 2003 member server with exchange 2003 as a frontend server.

All new 2003 operating systems  will be of std. edition.

I would like to have some views and suggestions before implementing above.

Thanks and best regards,

Post #: 1
RE: Calling all super memebres, need your kind help - 9.May2006 11:15:32 AM   
pjhutch

1. For this you need to run ADPREP to upgrade the domain for 2000 to 2003 and you also need to fix the schema to prevent corruption to one or two attributes. Then you can upgrade Windows to 2003.

2. If using new hardware I would demote the old DC first and prmote the new server on the new hardware. You don`t say whether you are using the same server name or not. If you are you just need to backup the database and logs of Exchange, shutdown the server.
Then you can install Windows on new server, install Exchange 2000 using /DisasterRecovery switch, restore the databases, then upgrade Exchange  to Exchange 2003.
Once that is done, you can promote it as an additional DC.

3. This will need ugrading before the back end server. Upgrade to Exchange 2003 first and then upgrade to Windows 2003.

(in reply to Balwant_Kapkoti)
Post #: 2
RE: Calling all super memebres, need your kind help - 10.May2006 4:45:51 AM   
Balwant_Kapkoti

Hi Pjhutch,

Thanks for your kind help, i am a liitle bit affraid to implement on ADC server with exchange backend 2003 , let me do it and i will inform you, please keep in touch.

Thanks again abd best regards to you
Balwant

Thanks and Best Regards...

Program Manager
B.Sc, MCSE. "A" Level Computers

(in reply to Balwant_Kapkoti)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Calling all super memebres, need your kind help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter