• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on behalf-of list; You do not have

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on behalf-of list; You do not have Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on beh... - 19.May2006 5:24:29 PM   
thelp

Cannot add user in outlook delegate. I can add the user, then I set the
permission, when I click ok, I get this error; The delegates settings were not
save correctly; Unable to activate send-on behalf-of list; You do not have
sufficient permission to perform this operation
Cannot remove user in outlook delegate also; I get eh same error message.
Please help;
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on... - 12.Apr.2007 12:11:57 PM   
scriven_j

Probably a bit late for your purposes but might help someone else with the same problem:-

Error message when trying to add delegate access to a calendar:-

The Delegates settings were not saved correctly.
Unable to activate send-on-behalf-of list.
You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.

In order to resolve this you need to give Write Personal Information permission to the SELF account on the user who is trying to add the delegate. To do this, follow these steps:-

Connect to your mail server.
Open Active Directory Users and Computers, and then click Advanced Features if it is not already selected on the View menu.
Expand your domain, and then locate the user’s Organisational Unit (OU).
In the right pane, right-click the user who is experiencing the delegate issue, and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab, locate the SELF account, and then click Write Personal Information .
Make sure the Write permissions check box is selected, and then click OK.
Voila!!

(courtesy of Microsoft KB article 913807)

Jon

(in reply to thelp)
Post #: 2
RE: Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on... - 4.Sep.2007 11:49:11 AM   
robinhere

I need to make this change in enterprise level. What do you suggest is the best way to do it?

(in reply to scriven_j)
Post #: 3
RE: Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on... - 10.May2010 11:32:34 AM   
PonchoHobono

I realize this is an old thread but thought I'd add my 2 cents. I had a user that got this error as well. When watching the user go to the delegate tab & add a user I noticed that there was an entry already in their delegate list that was showing up as a legacyExchangeDN path (/o=Organigation Name/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=jsmith). Jsmith is no longer an employee & that account has long been deleted. I highlighted that & clicked Remove & Apply. Then had the user try to add the delgate & it worked.

(in reply to robinhere)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Delegate in Outlook2003. Unable to activate send-on behalf-of list; You do not have Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter