• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Applying Groups to Public Folder's "Client Permissions..."

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Applying Groups to Public Folder's "Client Permissions..." Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Applying Groups to Public Folder's "Client Permiss... - 16.Jun.2006 6:31:08 PM   
gravyface

For some reason, I cannot add a group (either distribution or security) to a Public Folder.
When you click Client Permissions > Add... you can choose "All Groups" and filter accordingly.  However, the distribution group
I created in System Manager (I'm using Small Business Server (SBS) Exchange) does not appear.  I can't see AD taking that long to replicate (if it even would on the same box).  Any reason why its not showing up?  I also tried creating a Security Group instead (apparently the permissions propogate to sub-folders this way) but that doesn't show up either.
Anybody know how to add a security group to a particular Public Folder? 

TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Applying Groups to Public Folder's "Client Per... - 16.Jun.2006 7:57:00 PM   
gravyface

I figured it out: you need to "mail-enable" the group before it will show up in the list.  Right click on your group in AD and choose "Exchange Tasks" and click next a bunch of times; if its not a universal security group, it will recommend that you change it because "global" groups are too "complicated" and require some l33t MCSE skillz, apparently.

Give me qmail or give me a pistol...

(in reply to gravyface)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Applying Groups to Public Folder's "Client Permissions..." Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter