• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remote admin for 5.5 Server - knack'd by PCAnywhere

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Remote admin for 5.5 Server - knack'd by PCAnywhere Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remote admin for 5.5 Server - knack'd by PCAnywhere - 28.Jun.2006 11:01:32 AM   
paulwalker

I admin two 5.5 servers. They are in separate domains but are linked via VPN and I can browse the configuration in the Exchange Administrator. I cannot however change anything, read only. The problem I have is an issue with PCAnywhere v8. This was loaded years ago on the remote 5.5 server and never used. One day when updating the antivirus I rebooted the server and after logging in all you get is a black screen and the cursor. I have tried everything to get the console screen back including installing a new video card but no luck the PCAnywhere has totally screwed the box. Their advice is to parallell install NT 4 etc .. yeah right.

Is there anyway I can admin the box through Exchange administrator in the other site or otherwise.

Thanks

Paul,
Post #: 1
RE: Remote admin for 5.5 Server - knack'd by PCAnywhere - 28.Jun.2006 3:14:02 PM   
hddcrasher

Can you disable the PC anywhere? Seems if it runs as a service you can use a net stop "service name"
If it is from startup folder use \\server\c$ and go delete from startup.
If it is a registry thing you can use remote registry to remove all instance of PCanywhere.
You can also use the native right click manage pc from 2k or better and connect to the nt4 box and disable the services for AV and or Pc anywhere

I just think it is better to regain control of your server first then ponder remote exchange tools.

More about the video card, is it the exact same make\model of old card? If it is a different card, how did you install the driver? If it is different and you did not install driver, I would validate the old card works on another box and if so put back in.

(in reply to paulwalker)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Remote admin for 5.5 Server - knack'd by PCAnywhere Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter