• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Losing Emails!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Losing Emails! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Losing Emails! - 6.Jul.2006 2:32:21 AM   
mattyb_53

Hey all, I got a big problem.

I have users who are losing emails and Im not sure where to go to fix the problem. Basically, when they are in the office they can see their messages on the server as you'd both want and expect.

When the users go home they prefer to check their emails through outlook rather than OWA (dont ask me why).

When they do this from home they see their emails but when they get to the office and log in there, they cannot see their emails. Its as if the emails are downloaded to their PC's at home and stay there.

Is there a setting in Exchange that I can alter to keep a copy on the server? Ive looked through outlook and cannot find such a setting. The users are connecting through a VPN and not POP or IMAP.

HELP!
Post #: 1
RE: Losing Emails! - 6.Jul.2006 7:02:42 AM   
fazalmf

Hi

Nothing can be done at server END; its a client side outlook issue, please check that end user configured any Rules to deliver all his message to Local PST, if so deleted those rules and also if necessary ask the user to re-configure his outlook profile ( @ home PC)( advice them to take PST backup before doing this).

Also user can get his deleted Mail from Recovery deleted Items ( dumpster-value needs to set at registry ) with in retention Period.

Thanks & Regards
Fazal Feroze

(in reply to mattyb_53)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Losing Emails! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter