• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long '

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' - 6.Jul.2006 10:24:32 AM   
LishanSomaiah

One of our client is trying to send an email to a Japanese mail ID. The client gets the message
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
The following message to <mail id@domain.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long '

The user is able to send message to other users in the same domain with no problems.

User gets this notice even if the messge is a simple text message.
The notice is sent from our Ironport server within the network.

Could anyone please help...
Post #: 1
RE: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' - 11.Jul.2006 11:14:09 PM   
uemurad

I am not familiar with the particulars of the Ironport server.  Is there any way you can view the message as Ironport sees it?  Specifically, can you see how Ironport sees the address information?

Also, have you viewed Message Tracking to see how Exchange is attempting to distribute the message?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to LishanSomaiah)
Post #: 2
RE: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' - 12.Jul.2006 9:22:21 AM   
LishanSomaiah

Hi Dean,
The Iron port log reads as below :
1)
yumiko.soga@kpmg.co.uk
giuseppe-10-signori@docomo.ne.jp
test 2...
July 06, 2006 15:19:22 +0000

Message hard bounced for 'giuseppe-10-signori@docomo.ne.jp', '5.1.0 - Unknown address error ('500', ['Line Too Long '])'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) yumiko.soga@kpmg.co.uk

z1652_yok@docomo.ne.jp
"x͂"͂­ȁH...
July 06, 2006 13:22:41 +0000

Message hard bounced for 'z1652_yok@docomo.ne.jp', '5.1.0 - Unknown address error ('500', ['Line Too Long '])'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3)    yumiko.soga@kpmg.co.uk
z1652_yok@docomo.ne.jp
RE: eXg[̌...
July 06, 2006 13:18:01 +0000
Message successfully delivered to 'z1652_yok@docomo.ne.jp' at '203.138.180.112'. Response: ''Requested mail action okay, completed''

If you see the 2nd and the third instance thought the mail is sent to the same ID there is no consistency in the delivery. We have no idea why this is happening.

Thanks,
Lishan Somaiah M

< Message edited by LishanSomaiah -- 12.Jul.2006 9:27:58 AM >

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' - 13.Jul.2006 8:51:00 PM   
uemurad

Are these messages coming from the same user?  Is there more than one route an outbound message can take between the mailbox server and your IronPort appliance?  Sounds like it could be a DNS issue.  Are you resolving the external domain using an internal server for lookup, or an external DNS server (ISP or root)?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to LishanSomaiah)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 500-'Line Too Long ' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter