• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

moving exchange files to another drive on network?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> moving exchange files to another drive on network? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
moving exchange files to another drive on network? - 6.Jul.2006 6:11:50 PM   
wsaltos

Currently the users are using a personal pst on their local pcs to access their email.
I want to set them up so they use the exchange server on sbs2003 so they can share their calendars. The server has raid 1 and raid 5 drives.
the raid 1 is where exchange is installed and the database for their public folders, however there is only 4 gig left on that raid1.
if i want to make it available to everyone i want to move the database and folders to the raid 5 where i have over 200 gig of free space. Can someone tell me the files needed to be either or moved or mapped to the raid 5. (I have also read somewhere that this exchage database is limited to 16 gig, is that true if so I am wondering becuase a few guys have pst close to 2 gigs.)
thanks
Post #: 1
RE: moving exchange files to another drive on network? - 6.Jul.2006 8:00:24 PM   
jscheef

Ws,

For routines stuff like this, I always search the Ms KB for an official method. I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184. There may be
a newer version that references 2003 but this procedure works.

Jim

(in reply to wsaltos)
Post #: 2
RE: moving exchange files to another drive on network? - 6.Jul.2006 10:46:52 PM   
wsaltos

thanks Jim,
umfortunatelly when i clciked on the link it took me to the default page and i think the link to the arcticle got lost.
could you tell me what you did the search for under sbs 2003,
thanks
bill

(in reply to jscheef)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> moving exchange files to another drive on network? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter