error when using activesync after moving mail server to private ip (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access



Message


polobruce -> error when using activesync after moving mail server to private ip (11.Jul.2006 5:50:04 PM)

I recently moved my mail server behind a sonicwall pro 2040 firewall.  The mail web access etc are all working fine... But, when i activesync using my palm treo 700p i get an error.  when a browse to the oma folder i get the following error after i login:

A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.


The server was originally on a public ip and now is on a private.  (that's the only change!)  It's now behind a firewall. I get a login when browsing to OMA  but then get the error after I login.   
I am not requiring SSL on the OMA folder. I do have Headers setup  as followed (these were setup prior to moving to private ips)
under advanced i've got the following setup.

Multiple identities for this web site

10.1.1.150   port: 80       bromail002.expologic.com
10.1.1.150   port: 80       mail.expologic.com


then under ssl

10.1.1.150  port 443.


The server has been moved behind a firewall.

so it use to have a public ip but now has a private ip and i have smtp, pop, web, ssl, imap ports open.  

The mail server, and web mail all are working just not activesync.


Below is what the error shows in the event viewer.



Event Type:     Error
Event Source:     MSExchangeOMA
Event Category:     (1000)
Event ID:     1503
Date:          7/9/2006
Time:          9:48:20 PM
User:          N/A
Computer:     BROMAIL002
Description:
An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider
Stack trace:
 at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
 at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpecialFolders()
 at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices..ctor(UserInfo user)

Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:
 at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault)
 at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
 at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
 at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
 at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Message: Exception of type Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException was thrown.
EventMessage:
UserMessage: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.
Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface
Stack trace:
 at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
 at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs e)
 at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
 at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
 at System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
 at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)


For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.




josborn4 -> RE: error when using activesync after moving mail server to private ip (20.Jul.2006 11:27:01 PM)

I had the same issue.  I went through and recreated the exchangeVDir of exchange-oma as per this KB article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us

Everything works now.  Must be using the setting that were orginally exported to create the old Exchange-oma.

Hope this helps.





Page: [1]