• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Changing domain for outgoing messages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Changing domain for outgoing messages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing domain for outgoing messages - 20.Jul.2006 12:46:45 AM   
laschus

Our organization, let's call it XYZ.com, has a small affiliate that used to be a part of the whole but has branched off to become independent.  Let's call them XAffiliate.org.  The two members of XAffiliate currently are incorporated in the XYZ.local domain, and have gotten their mail through user1@XYZ.com and user2@XYZ.com with no problem.  Some pending legal issues, however, have necessitated them changing to user1@XAffiliate.org and user2@XAffiliate.org.

Currently, XYZ.com's mail all comes from a POP Server through the ISP and is pulled from a third-party program into Exchange.  The same can be done with XAffiliate.org, but the rub is that any outgoing mail needs to have a "From" address bearing "XAffiliate.org" addresses.  Any attempts to change the email address or Primary SMTP in the Active Directory User Properties end up going back to the default.  I created an XAffiliate OU and moved both users into it, but the changes still won't take.  Any idea as to what I need to do to be able to change their domain for outgoing mail??
Post #: 1
Never mind.... - 20.Jul.2006 12:57:09 AM   
laschus

I found the answer at http://forums.msexchange.org/Multiple_email_domain_setup/m_1800408702/tm.htm

(in reply to laschus)
Post #: 2
RE: Never mind.... - 20.Jul.2006 5:17:38 PM   
Arne Lovius

Hi,

You can set this in a recipient policy.

Cheers

========================
Arne.Lovius@xclaimprojects.com
http://www.xclaimprojects.com
========================

(in reply to laschus)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Changing domain for outgoing messages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter