• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL - 8.Aug.2006 4:37:49 AM   
geoff_c

Hello

Is there a way to move public folder email address's from the gal to a different address book?

I have setup public folders for projects that we are working on so users can forward emails to a public folder named after the project so we can keep track of
correspondence. This works ok but we want to have lots of folders within the project email enabled also and we have multiple projects. If I email enable all the public folders and sub folder the GAL would be huge.

I would like to have the folders emailed enabled but not appear in the public folder list. When i hide the email address from the address book if we want to email the folder we have to type in the whole email address. eg    foldername@ourfulldomain.com.au.

If it is possible to type the folders email name in without the full domain address and keep it out the public address book this would be perfect. As an example

user receives an email sent to them and decides its for    project 1 subfolder one  they then just  1s1 in TO  field.

Thanks in advance !!!
Post #: 1
RE: mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL - 8.Aug.2006 10:29:34 AM   
Lancy

Yes it is possible. This can be done based on Administrative group.
If you have just one Administrative group, i dont think it is possible.

(in reply to geoff_c)
Post #: 2
RE: mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL - 11.Aug.2006 4:11:13 AM   
geoff_c

Thanks Lancy

I only have one administrative group but I have found a work around. I have created an address list with the same details as the GAL but minus PF's and will
change users outlook to use this as thier default address book. After email enabling the pf's (30 to start with) I have changed the default alias so to email a folder called job 1 subfolder 2 they can just type j1s1 and hit send.

(in reply to Lancy)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> mail enable public folder and exclude from the GAL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter