Send / Recieve using Internet mail wizard (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

Riz -> Send / Recieve using Internet mail wizard (9.Aug.2006 1:44:01 PM)

Hello,
i have just installed exchange 2007. Internal mail send and recieve works fine. How can i configure send/recieve for internet.
In exchange server 2003 you can right click on top of your Exchange organization and run Internet Mail wizard to configure send/recieve
how can i do the same in Exchange 2007.,..please help....

Henrik Walther -> RE: Send / Recieve using Internet mail wizard (9.Aug.2006 4:07:11 PM)

A Send Connector and a Receive Connector are created by default, but they don't allow anonymous connections, so if you haven't placed an Edge Transport server in front of the E2K7 setup, you need to run the CMDlet I mention in below thread:

get-receiveConnector server1\default* | set-receieveConnector -permissionGroups "AnonymousUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers,AnonymousUsers"
get-SendConnector server1\default* | set-SendConnector -permissionGroups "AnonymousUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers,AnonymousUsers"

You can also delete the existing connectors then create two new ones of the type "Custom".

Arne Lovius -> RE: Send / Recieve using Internet mail wizard (13.Aug.2006 2:25:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henrik Walther

A Send Connector and a Receive Connector are created by default, but they don't allow anonymous connections, so if you haven't placed an Edge Transport server in front of the E2K7 setup, you need to run the CMDlet I mention in below thread:

get-receiveConnector server1\default* | set-receieveConnector -permissionGroups "AnonymousUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers,AnonymousUsers"
get-SendConnector server1\default* | set-SendConnector -permissionGroups "AnonymousUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers,AnonymousUsers"

You can also delete the existing connectors then create two new ones of the type "Custom".

Hi,

I understood from the documentation http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/11b5b76b-4d30-4549-9a10-195eba2398a5.mspx?mfr=true that two receive conectors are created by default, but no send connectors.

Henrik Walther -> RE: Send / Recieve using Internet mail wizard (13.Aug.2006 5:39:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arne Lovius

I understood from the documentation http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/11b5b76b-4d30-4549-9a10-195eba2398a5.mspx?mfr=true that two receive conectors are created by default, but no send connectors.

And that's correct [8D]

Page: [1]